Scruptious corn – a side dish that sings!
The meat component of most dinners is normally the feature of a dish – and the side-dish is something that just goes along for the ride.
However, this corn, tomato and chilli dish is that good, that it is the perfect foundation. Simple add some grilled meat, and you have a dinner full of great flavour, that took no time at all to put together!
Corn with tomato and chilli
- 4 corn cobs, husks removed and kernels cut from the cob
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 400gm can of chopped canned tomatoes
- 1/2 a cup of chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove the outer husks from the corn cobs. Stand the cob on its end, and using a sharp knife, cut the kernels away from the cob.
In a large frypan, add some olive oil, the onion, garlic and chilli with a pinch of salt and fry gently, over a medium heat. Fry for 3 minutes, then add the corn.
As for a groovy tune – I highly recommend this rocking track my the Kaiser Chiefs. I got into this English indie rock band after the AFL started using this song for their footy promos. Love it!.
Check it out!